Pichoro's Template Index - Taking Rehosting Requests and Considering New Requests - CHECK HERE FIRST

continued...
Thu, 2013-08-08 03:08
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

If you tell me which installer is throwing the error, I can build and release a new version of it.


Edit: So, in honor of Pifro being down again, I want to share that I've made lots of updates since my last post here. My space now includes:

  • Planeshifted Styles
  • Futureshifted Styles
  • FPM Styles
  • Classicshifted Styles
  • Theros Gods
  • Lots of other styles I've previewed here.
Thu, 2013-08-08 03:47
Raznaak
Raznaak's picture

Just a question, where can we find information concerning how the special templates work or how do you intend them to work? Because some of them are too different to the usual magic cards to understand on the first try without the know-how...

Thu, 2013-08-08 04:52
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Which templates specifically?

Thu, 2013-08-08 05:09
Anuttymous
Anuttymous's picture

I think Raznaak means the custom ones like FPM or Comic Strip styles, where unless you already know where things (mana cost, type line, etc) are it's tricky to find them.

Anuttymous the Gathering
Anonymous + nutty = A-nutty-mous (no mice involved)
Ask me if you need any help

Thu, 2013-08-08 06:44
Raznaak
Raznaak's picture

Well, mainly the Harvesters and things like that, with nonconventionnal parts...

Thu, 2013-08-08 17:31
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Anuttymous - I would think the large showcase renders would help with that in most cases - seeing the template in use and all.

Raznaak - Okay. Maybe I'll consider writing up some primers for how I see the templates being used. But the biggest thing is that to me, you may want to use the template for something else. The Pokemon template for example, is meant to show what pokemon the one on the card evolves from, to make the evolve mechanic simpler to portray on Magic cards. But, kikushadowblades took this template and used it to show his cycles so that he could have his metacycling ability. So don't be afraid to use a template for a different purpose if it suits what you want to do.

Edit: Okay, I've created one PDF primer, for Harvesters, and am stopping until I get feedback on it. It can be found at http://msetemps.sourceforge.net/primers/harvesters.pdf

Edit 2: I did start doing one of these for Magic-New-Extra as well. To document all the additional features in Magic-New-Extra, without any images, took 6 types pages. Hmmmm... I still intend to add images as well...

Fri, 2013-08-09 01:57
Raznaak
Raznaak's picture

Thanks

Fri, 2013-08-09 01:59
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Does it help? Should I make more for other styles that are very different? Is it a good thing, or should I scrap it?

Fri, 2013-08-09 03:36
Raznaak
Raznaak's picture

IT is a good thing. Because before I had absolutely NO idea how harvesters would work, except that the can somehow make mana, but then... when, how? You answered that. Of course, unorthodox templates with the same characteristics as regular cards are not problems (like when they introduced the Future Sight card frame), but new things NEED explaining (like when they introduced planeswalkers. Unless you somehow have someone explaining it to you, you have NO idea how they would work)

Fri, 2013-08-09 06:58
Kiku
Creative Direction Award
Kiku's picture

That is actually a very helpful guide. I would love to see something similar for the counters template. I've never been able to figure out all the capabilities of that template.

My Hub
I really hate Mythic Rares...
TRUE WEEB ANIME OR NO ANIME AT ALL
NO TOLERANCE FOR WIMPY FALSE ANIME
School Days taught me everything I need to know about relationships

Fri, 2013-08-09 07:36
Anuttymous
Anuttymous's picture

The rules tip template too, could be neat. Thinking about it.

Anuttymous the Gathering
Anonymous + nutty = A-nutty-mous (no mice involved)
Ask me if you need any help

Sat, 2013-08-10 01:35
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Will consider that, then. Still been working on one for magic-new-extra, to document all the unique features in it. I'm at 12 pages now, and expect I'll hit at least 13 pages long in order to show everything. Pretty crazy stuff.


Okay, I've got an edited harvester primer now available at http://msetemps.sourceforge.net/primers/magic-new-harvester.pdf

And magic-new-extra's primer at http://msetemps.sourceforge.net/primers/magic-new-extra.pdf

Edit: And now one for Moxydotorg's Heroes too: http://msetemps.sourceforge.net/primers/magic-heroes.pdf

Sat, 2013-08-10 18:30
zer0n

are Dvorak and Nanofictionary going to be up any time soon?

Sun, 2013-08-11 12:33
RoaTheEternal
RoaTheEternal's picture

My templates:
Looney Labs Games: Fluxx, Nanofictionary, Chrononauts

Wed, 2013-08-14 00:25
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Dvorak perhaps, but it doesn't rank very high on my list. We'll see.

As Roa said, Nanofictionary is already up.

Edit: Went ahead and did Dvorak, along with Magic - Alpha Beta Unlimited.

Edit 2: Today I've done all the translation files I had. They're a little rusty, and could use some help from some native speakers, but I figure they're better than nothing, and they don't have any error messages. There's also a primer pdf about correcting or making new translations.

Fri, 2013-08-16 00:48
cantide8405

If you're still taking requests, is there any chance you'd be willing to do templates for Magi Nation? It's a game I tried to get into years ago, but it kinda went out of print back in 02, and I'm hoping to be able to introduce my friends to it.

Fri, 2013-08-16 21:30
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

I don't think I'm really interested in taking on Magi-Nation, sorry.

Mon, 2013-08-19 12:12
Genogoth

Pichoro, what about a Marvel Legendary template? Lots of room to create heroes that aren't in the game yet, and I've looked everywhere for a customizing template, and have so far been out of luck. There are custom cards being created, so someone has done one somewhere! A happy smile

Tue, 2013-08-20 01:22
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

I've never seen such a template, nor do I have much interest in making it real.

You should find someone posting renders and ask them.

Tue, 2013-08-27 06:26
airiswano
airiswano's picture

Has anyone asked for the extra colors template? I really would love to have purple cards and the like. I'm not sure what the process for this is, so if it is irretrievable that's okay.

Don't lose your imagination, it is the human experience.
For the love of god, can I just finish a set already?

Tue, 2013-08-27 08:16
Jéské Couriano
Jéské Couriano's picture

magic-new-extra's already on there, chummer.

Ceterum censeo Bolasinem esse delendam.
Accepting new types for S:tC!
Custom Keywords!

Tue, 2013-08-27 16:07
airiswano
airiswano's picture

Sorry, the image didn't infer that it had additional colors, somebody explained that to me though. Thanks Jeske and Pichoro!

Don't lose your imagination, it is the human experience.
For the love of god, can I just finish a set already?

Wed, 2013-08-28 02:20
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

There's something that's been bugging me for awhile now: Now that clear it the WotC official for colorless nonartifact nonlands, why is clear still a separate template and not the colorless default for their standard counterparts?

Also, two things about the God template besides the separate template for clear, (1)when I make it a land, it doesn't give me a land frame, and (2)since WotC is using the template for enchantment creatures (god or otherwise), why not add "Enchantment Creature" to the list separate from "Enchantment" and "Creature" the same way as "Artifact Creature", and on that note throw in "Land Creature" and "Artifact Land". It's probably a good reason to make an update for the main game file if it can't be downloaded and integrated otherwise.

Wed, 2013-08-28 02:38
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Reality Glitch wrote:
Now that clear it the WotC official for colorless nonartifact nonlands, why is clear still a separate template and not the colorless default for their standard counterparts?

Because doing so means introducing a HUGE inconvenience into the regular templates.

Because the frame and image occupy exactly the same space, you cannot click and edit both of them, and whichever one is on bottom will be uneditable. That would have to be the image, or you could never stop a card from being clear colorless. So, as long as a card was clear colorless, you wouldn't be able to import art. Except, the art is a different size for that frame, so you need to be able to import art while on that frame.

It's a huge mess, and there's no good answer. So they stay separate.

Reality Glitch wrote:
when I make it a land, it doesn't give me a land frame

Because there is no land frame, don't expect one.

Reality Glitch wrote:
why not add "Enchantment Creature" to the list separate from "Enchantment" and "Creature"

It would require a game file update, that can't be done by a style.

Reality Glitch wrote:
It's probably a good reason to make an update for the main game file if it can't be downloaded and integrated otherwise.

I disagree - not even the new keywords are worth making an update for, because none of this is anything a user can't do. If you want to make an Enchantment Creature, nothing's stopping you. Just type it out.

Edit: In fact, if anything, I would pare this down and remove Artifact Creature before I would add every single possible permutation.

Wed, 2013-08-28 03:53
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

Pichoro wrote:
Edit: In fact, if anything, I would pare this down and remove Artifact Creature before I would add every single possible permutation.
Then maybe it's a good idea to make it a multichoice menu, the same w/ supertype and card frame.

Wed, 2013-08-28 09:15
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Or maybe it's not necessary because you still have ability to type.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not willing to sink any time into improving that. I've always felt that feature was a waste of time because users can type.

Wed, 2013-08-28 16:17
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

My response to that would bee, "Then remove the menu option all together." but that still requires you to edit. the file.

Pichoro wrote:
Because there is no land frame, don't expect one.
Why not?

Wed, 2013-08-28 19:07
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

I've considered removing the menus, actually, but don't feel I can do that. If I could go back in time and prevent one thing from being added to MSE, though, that would be it.

Why no god-land frame? Because I don't have the land frames, nor do I anticipate having access to them.

Thu, 2013-08-29 16:10
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

How long do you think it will be until the Fuse template gets hosted?

Thu, 2013-08-29 18:45
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

No idea. Could be a while, waiting on WMorgano to get better.

Fri, 2013-08-30 05:40
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

I sympathize w/ the ill. I have suffer every flu season.

Fri, 2013-08-30 14:43
Anuttymous
Anuttymous's picture

It was a bit more than a flu, he was in (if I recall correctly) a car accident, so he'll have a fair recovery period.

Anuttymous the Gathering
Anonymous + nutty = A-nutty-mous (no mice involved)
Ask me if you need any help

Sat, 2013-08-31 06:31
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

OH! I'm so sorry, I do hope he gets better.

Tue, 2013-09-03 00:47
GincGhyst

Any way to get the fonts and game files for phyrexian mana?

Tue, 2013-09-03 01:00
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

Yeah, go and install gods or dfc's or something. They're in lots of files I have up.

Tue, 2013-09-03 16:16
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

What about just the letter phi w/o the symbol as seen on Rage Extractor?

Tue, 2013-09-03 16:18
k0n9

There should be a neutral Phrexian symbol in the files.

Tue, 2013-09-03 20:26
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

No, I see what you mean. I've never noticed that before.

Currently, that isn't supported. But I'll see what I can do.

Tue, 2013-09-03 20:58
TyrantSinner

There are two mistakes on your list of keywords, Pich.

Fateful Hour --> Fateful hour
Souldbound --> Soulbond

Wed, 2013-09-04 02:23
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

I saw those to. Also, What about clear double faced and double faced gods?

Wed, 2013-09-04 02:56
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

No intention to do those.

Wed, 2013-09-04 15:08
levigu

Hey,
Can you upload the standard Yu-Gi-Oh template please?

Wed, 2013-09-04 19:53
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch's picture

That already exists and comes w/ M.S.E.

Thu, 2013-09-05 09:38
ForceGaia
ForceGaia's picture

Already up but on a different post, I've asked pichoro to add it to the list

Spoiler:

Thu, 2013-09-05 09:39
ForceGaia
ForceGaia's picture

I'll look into doing the phi symbol and putting it into magic-mana-small as i've updated that in planechase anyway, and perhaps stopping folks complaining by looking to the "Enchantment Creature" "Enchantment Artifact" thing.

I knew about the soulbond issue, didn't catch fateful hour as that's a case thing rather than a misspell so i'll fix that in planechase

Spoiler:

Thu, 2013-09-05 09:49
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

If you do, I don't promise I won't change it for others. No offense, but I know you used a letter for the planeswalker symbol, which has never even appeared on a card. That means you either used one that's in use somewhere else, or we're down to four letters. If you use one for phi, we're at three letters left.

We need to conserve the actual letters. That's partially my fault - for a long time, we used letters for symbols and never considered the consequences when we will eventually run out. For example, if I had it to do over, I'd make the chaos symbol "chaos", not "C".

I intend to put phi in as simply "phi". I also intend to add the planeswalker symbol to magic-mana-small-extra; as "planeswalk". Then we'll be back to having five letters to work with that are open and have no meaning attached to them.

Thu, 2013-09-05 18:09
ForceGaia
ForceGaia's picture

I chose V because of the similar shape, but ok i can change it, however i chose a single character as it is in the code that parses symbols in text, so if you can find another unused single character it'd be better i think. I would have used P, but that's purple in extra.
But whatever we choose, the planeswalk symbol needs to be in the base mana-small as that's what planechase relies on.
what letters are unused?

Spoiler:

Thu, 2013-09-05 19:34
Pichoro
Pichoro's picture

No, actually, planechase shouldn't need a planeswalk symbol at all as it's never appeared on a card. I've not even tried the template since you've edited on it, but if it has been coded to rely on a character that's never even been on a card, some serious work needs to be done to correct that.

The planeswalk symbol should be just like checkboxes or sun/moon or card type symbols or loyalty changes in magic-mana-small-extra, all fun, but entirely optional, custom symbols. They are fully optional, and as they make no sense in casting costs, it's fine to use lowercase words like "planeswalk" rather than full on single characters like "V", which could instead be saved for something that has to be available in the casting cost. If I had the option, this would also have been done in the past for things like chaos, tap, or untap. But here we are.

Yes, this means it will not be automatically parsed and converted to the symbol. But, that's okay, as this symbol doesn't actually appear on any card ever printed.

Thu, 2013-09-05 19:35
jceddy
jceddy's picture

Noticed that you don't have the brown mana symbol watermark added in there...(in the magic-new-extra)

Sun, 2013-09-08 05:05
acerome

will all the yugioh templates be rehosted?